Monday 12 March 2012

Real Techniques Brushes - Part 1

 I was so excited when i heard that Samantha Chapman from Pixiwoo on youtube was bringing out her own range of make up brushes! Now if you haven't seen Pixiwoo's videos on youtube.. what are you waiting for?! Their videos are amazing. Two sisters who are make up artists do tutorials on youtube and create the most beautiful looks, they have over 40 million hits on youtube! They use these brushes in their videos and they looked fab i had to get them! I decided to break this post up in two so ill start off with the starter set.

Starter Set - your eyes enhanced


The starter set has all the brushes you need to create any beautiful eye look. All the brushes are colour coded and the name of the brushes are clearly printed on the side. All the eye brushes come in this lovely purple colour! All these brushes are super soft and have smooth handles. The bottoms are flat so you can stand them up which has come in so handy!
Base Shadow Brush

applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour 
Small flat brush to apply your eyeshadow base colour all over the lids!

 Deluxe Crease Brush

soft, over sized design for effortless contouring
I was able to create a smokey eye really quickly using this brush i love it!

Accent Brush
 
 designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging
A tiny flat brush, i used this for highlighting my eyes and smudging my eye liner slightly.

Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush
 tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application
A thin tiny brush Perfect for applying your eyeliner!

 Brow Brush
distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows
I don't really add any colour or shape to my eyebrows but i have used this brush. I used this to add eyeshadow round top of my lashes to make my eyelashes appear thicker. I love brushes this shape for adding eyeshadow detail.

The set comes in lovely packaging. you can tell Samantha put real thought into the case as it can be used as a standing display case for your brushes or folds away for travel. A really great idea for home,  travelling and make up artists. I love having them on display they look so professional and they are so accessible!

 I brought my starter set from boots for £21.99 and was definitely worth it. These brushes are amazing. I haven't stopped using them they are such good quality. I apply my make up so much quicker now and you can really see the difference when i use this brushes! I love them!
 Hope you all enjoyed i will but part 2 up tomorrow!
Thanks for reading :)


5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh i am beyond excited now!!!! Thanks for doing that post, it was brill hun. The pictures came out soooo good :) can't wait for part 2 now hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to be investing in some of these beauties! Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog! I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Pixiwoo I'm subscribed to her on youtube! I love these brushes too. I'm a new follower and would love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you girlies sorry for late reply ive moved and had no internet, going to look at your blogs now! :) xx

    ReplyDelete